Monday, June 19, 2006

MY GIRL

I can not even imagine my life without her. It's hard to believe i didn't give birth to this child. She is ours in our hearts and so much a part of us. I will never be able to forget about her "tummy mommy", but I am her forever mommy andI am so grateful to have her in our lives. I love when i give her a bottle and she holds my hand. I love when i hold her in the crook of my arm and she reaches up to touch my skin. I love when i out her in bed with me at 3 in the morning and she curls up next to me and takes her binky and falls right to sleep like that's what she wanted all along. Her coos, her sighs, her wimpers, her cries, I love it all. I know why people move to smaller houses and go to one income - i don't want to leave her, i want to see everything she does, be with her all the time. But when do you get anything done???

3 comments:

petunia said...

This world is too selfish for me. do birthmothers think they are the only ones who have suffered? Each situation is different and i am offended to be lumped into a catagory of woman who have taken advantage of a lonely girl and ripped her child from her arms. I felt sorry for you, i still do. i hate that people hurt but there is also a point when you have to ask yourself how can i go on and use this bad thing to help myself and others. All of this bitterness and these bad feelings cannot be good for you. twelve years of infertility and medical proceedures could have made me like a lot of others who shut themselves away, not going to showers, crying about pregnant friends, etc. WE ALL HAVE PAINFUL THINGS but it's HOW you deal with them.

I AM adopted and I forget that i am not my biological in my family. people need to look from all angles at every situation and see there are many sides.

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said...

But when do you get anything done???

ok, this might have been a rhetorical question - but in case not, consider a sling or some type of snuggly carrier. you can have her right against your heart and still get some things accomplished - especially now as a tiny newborn.

sorry about the negative comments from others not appreciating your joy.