Saturday, July 26, 2008

Adoption and the Birthmothers (and Birthfathers)

Once in a while I see the blogger in my bookmarks that I haven't looked at in a long time - I click on it - knowing full well what I'll read. Sadness, bitterness and hurt - never complacency. I know these women (and men) cannot forget a child, how could they? But there are women out there who are content, feel a self-satisfaction along with their longing and lonelinesses. They will never be without an empty space in their heart but it is so sad to read some of the blogs that spew the vulgarity and anger and show the hatred that plagues them.... these women need/needed therapy. These women had issues before they decided on relinquishing. They would have had a hard life without the difficult adoption issues....
I try never to look at them, like looking at the news...all you hear about are the bad stories and you cannot judge the world on that.
Adoption is hard on birthparents, no one is denying that. But, the love that adopted families can give....it's overwhelming.

We have a snuggler and yesterday J told me "You're my best girl, my best girl" patting my face. If that's not the best thing in the world I don't know what is. Today I was her "best friend"....the child is not even 2 1/2!! The love is miraculous and God had everything to do with what she has brought into our lives. I was a shell before her....now I am full.

Without adoption I would still be empty, I thank God for my J's birthparents and treat them with the utmost respect and kindness.....

No comments: