Friday, January 13, 2006

Some of my favorites:

For years i have had a computer monitor in my office and everytime i hear a saying i really like i type it out, print it out and tape it to my monitor. Well, i hope to be getting a flat screen soon so i don't want any of my favorite saying to be lost. They are more for me - but if you enjoy them - that's great......These are some of my favorites.....

"We do so we be" - Plato
"We be so we do" - Socrates
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra

In just two days tomorrow will be yesterday.

Clever people don't want to know the future,
they make it.

I like pigs
Dogs look up to us
Cats look down on us
Pigs treat us as equals.
-Winston Churchill

Fat people are hard to Kidnap.

When I was young I used to go "skinny dipping"
now I "chunky dunk".

It is not how old you are
but how you are old.

Like a candle in a sacred place
So is the beauty of an aged face

Whether you think you can or you can't
you're right.
-Henry Ford

Try to learn something about everything
and everything about something
-T.H. Huxley

True friendship is like sound health;
The value of it is not appreciated it until it is lost.
-Charles Caleb Colten

Work for the Lord. The work is hard,
the hours are long, and the pay is low
but the retirement benefits are out of this world!

My goal in life is to be the person my dog thinks I am! (my favorite)

If you live to be a hundred, I want to live to be a hundred minus one day
so i never have to live without you.
-Winnie the Pooh

Work like you don't need the money,
Dance like no one is watching
and love like you've never been hurt.
-Mark Twain

You don't stop laughing when you get old
You get old when you stop laughing

When you were born you were crying
and everyone around you as smiling.
Live your life so when you die
you are the one smiling
and those around you are crying.

If you share your joys you multipy them,
If you share your sorrows you divide them.

Don't drink and park,
accidents cause people.

Some days you're the dog,
some days you're the hydrant.

May you have enough happiness to make you sweet
enough trials to make you strong
Enough sorrow to keep you human
and enough hope to make you happy

It's a small world,
you've got to use your elbows a lot

Ginger Rogers was asked who was better - he or Fred Astair....he comment:
Well I did everything Fred did but backwards and in high heels!

No comments: