Thursday, April 06, 2006

Why I am the way I am/
What about my Baby??

I know I have a bad immune system because my mother smoked during her pregnany then my aparents smoked when i was little (my dad until i was a teen). They didn't know any better then....but these kids today doing all these things during a pregnancy - FOR SHAME.

What about meth? Anyone know what that does to an unborn baby? What about alcohol? I know a few drinls won't hurt but fetal alcohol syndrome kicks in a what point? How many drinks would a mother have to ingest? What about pot?
These are all things I will have to find out more about if we are going to adopt - these things come up.......
Anyone have any ifo on this stuff?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

ANY AMMOUNT OF ALCOHOL IS BAD FOR THE BABY. MY ADOPTED SON WAS EXPOSED TO ALCOHOL AND METH DURING PREGNANCY. IT CONTRIBUTED TO HIS TWIN SISTERS DEATH AT 6 MONTHS OLD. HE IS 6 YRS OLD AND FIGHTS EVERY DAY TO STAY ALIVE AND FUNCTION IN HIS ENVIROMENT.