Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Just Another Happy Day in Adoption Land

I've been reading more adoption information lately from books that are positive (hard to find - positive is boring). When I first started reading books written by adoptees it was depressing. They all had a sad story to tell but then again, why would someone with a good adoption experience need to write a book about it? We need to fill out minds with positive things, if you dwell in the negative that's what you will become.

When we were struggling with IF it was difficult but I was a survivor, I did what I had to do and was strong emotionally. It wasn't until I got in a group of other girls with IF that I started breaking down emotionally and getting all weepy and depressed. I was getting too involved with everyone else who was emotional, weepy and depressed. That's what I was becoming....I had to step away. Misery does love company.

This is how the internet blogging groups are - one just fires up the next. Negativity is breeding more negativity. --------I choose to be positive, I had a great life, I HAVE a great life!!!

I'm an adoptee! I celebrate it, I treasure it, it's what has made me the person I am!

My baby is an adoptee too, she is sweet, loving and the best baby in the world!!
I will not breed negativity into her, we will celebrate our uniqueness..............

8 comments:

Aurelia said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
katd said...

I love, love, love your attitude! I'm not saying I don't have tough days during the wait for our child, but for the most part, I feel so blessed to be able to adopt a baby. I can't wait! Thanks for the reminder that life is good! :) I'm going to go spread the good attitude on my blog.

Anonymous said...

Hi! Thanks for coming by my blog.
I know exactly what you mean about the infertility groups. I couldn't stand that very long. Every so often I do write about my emotional struggles on my blog - but more to let folks know it's ok to feel how we feel, and their not alone. But I certainly don't like to dwell there too long. I look forward to browsing your blog.

elizabeth said...

You are so very blessed to have a peaches and cream adoption experience. So many of us only dream of such happiness and contentment.

TeamWinks said...

I think a good adoption experience requires an extraordiary set of parents. Ones that understand that being adopted is being born into a family as opposed to being born from the mother. Parents that nuture your confidence, allow your love for the family that created you, and support you regardless of your path.

Baby Blues said...

I love your attutude. Nice post.

Andie D. said...

I am truly happy for you! Your baby is lucky to have you for a parent.

I come from a generation of adoptees who were usually made to feel that being adopted was "bad", "shameful", blah, blah, blah. It wasn't talked about openly, and the secretive nature of it affected a lot of us. That, and the fact that we were referred to as "bastards" behind our backs.

Please make sure to let your baby know how much you love and appreciate her. If and/or when she decided to search for her bio family, please support her in any way she needs.

I appreciate your positivity and wish you and your family a wonderful Valentine's Day!

Unknown said...

I appreciate your honesty