Friday, March 02, 2007

Happily exhausted
I have had about 3 hours of sleep (if that). Little bits has had a double ear infection and is doing much better but has decided not to sleep anymore. She has discovered the quiet, dark, night time hours and I think she is fascinated. The television is not on, the only lights are night lights and everything is just so quiet. She loves to lay in our arms with her eyes open.....it's sweet but at 4am I start to beg....."please sweety, close your eyes and sleep....please". I am so exhausted but the happiest exhausted I have ever been. My darling hubby loves to get up with her and he spent the first few hours in the wee hours and I took last last few....never thought I'd be so happy to get up for anyone in the middle of the night.

I now have the cold, the sinus infection and the stuffy head....poor baby, at least I can blow my nose. When I was a baby my mother said I always had a red nose (that's my biodad's "cold" genes), so we have been very forunate with the little peanut.

2 comments:

Happy said...

Ugh! Now I know why you have been so quiet...I hope you feel better soon.

Jennifer said...

I remember those days so well. Emma always seemed to have an ear infection. When she didn't she still got up to play in the night. I feel for you!