Monday, March 19, 2007

JOY JOY JOY

We all had such a wonderful weekend! Little bits stayed with my mom and dad (only the second time she has had babysitters other than the one during the day -- we take her everywhere), and we saw some St. Patrick's day entertainment at a pub near our old house. Music, poetry reading and storytelling. I got up and told two jokes in my Irish accent and I think they went over pretty well. Time with our friends----we missed her something awful!

She is standing by herself and showing some Independence....It makes me happy and sad. We would like her to be a baby a little while longer, it's such a wonderful time. But my mother once told me...."you have your children to teach them to be independant, happy, well-adjusted adults... training starts day one". They did a great job with me and I hope we are doing a great job with her. She is happy, that's for sure and she is working on her independance....I just pray the well-adjusted part falls into line....

I am a happy person who couldn't ask for much more (other than a lottery win)....

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

You have an irish accent? Or you can fake brogue? My FIL is from Ireland and at first it was so cool to hear him talk.

It must be hard to take time away from the little one, but it's important for mommy & daddy's emotional health.
Trace

petunia said...

oops...yes, I do acting and can fake a bunch of accents....LOVE the Irish accent!

Anonymous said...

Amen, on the lottery winning!