Thursday, February 16, 2006

365 Million Dollars

I'm usually not a person who thinks about the lottery....i play once in a while when i have heard that a jackpot is high (probably the worst time to play - lowest odds), i turn the televion to a different station when the ping pong ball numbers are airlifted into their slots, i cringe when the guy ahead of me at the gas station lays down $40 on th counter for tickets and he looks like he could use some new shoes. BUT>>>>>>>>>>>>>365 million dollars has cought my attention!

Okay - what would YOU do with that money?? You have to figure that you will only get 1/2 if you take the cash.....that's 182.5 million - then %40 for taxes - that brings us down to 109.5 million-----after it's all said and done. (you can tell i've spent too much time thinking about this this morning)----it's nothing to sneeze at.....I would take 1 millino and be SO thrilled!

SO........how WOULD you spend 109.5 million dollars???? - please post in comments.....

I would first get a good lawyer and an even better accountant (a clever one). Most of the money would go into some sort of mutual funds, stocks, CD's etc. I would buy a house for our friends from Iraq with 7 bed rooms - one for every kid to get their own....I would buy a brand new - awesome house with a lot of rooms for us- because then i would go and adopt older children in other countries. I see pictures of these kids and my heart breaks......they need someone to love them----HERE WE ARE!!! I would also help build good housing for orphans in other countries.....i couldn't adopt them all but i could give them a better place to live by God....

I don't know what else i would do.....but that's the first thing in my head...............

Okay - what would you do?

1 comment:

kimber said...

I would help my best 'twin' friend with her dream!!! And I would rescue my sister from her nightmare of a life. I would pay for her to go to school and she could quit her job. And....buy some new bras. hahahahaha!!!!
Oh...and perment hair removal!!! (lazer) For me and all my girl friends who want it.